Just what is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may reduce the surface area stress of liquid and generate a considerable amount of uniform and secure foam, that is utilized to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that may make its aqueous solution produce a massive amount of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of any Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, plus it cannot turn into a foaming agent. Surface activity is the core of foaming.
The purpose of cement foaming agent
The primary purpose of a cement foaming agent is to promote the foaming of cement paste to form lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, creating the cement slurry to have a lot of pores throughout the construction process, thereby decreasing the density of concrete and making it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents could also enhance the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. In addition, cement foaming agents could also enhance the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to create and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It has compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this problem. , a alternative to traditional insulation materials
- It is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load from the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, whilst the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Enhance the stability and life from the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer has a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making sure the indoor floor is flat rather than cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times that relating to the benzene board. It is made of perlite particles. More than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, that is 20-30 times that relating to ordinary cement.
- It has good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and there will be no splitting involving the layers.
- Good bonding: The material found in foamed cement is cement, which includes an exceptional bond with all the upper and lower layers and definately will not cause hollowing or collapse from the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and can be combined entirely with all the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to create a whole.
- It has an anti-permeability effect: Due to the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is much more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is definitely an inorganic material (cement) that will not burn and thus has good fire resistance. When utilized on buildings, it could enhance the fireproof performance from the building.
What are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is also generated via a selection of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid with a light yellow color. It is really not understanding of difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and will not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, difficult to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to create foamed cement provides the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it will be commonly employed in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin because the primary raw material and is also made through a series of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is produced using imported advanced equipment as well as the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented throughout the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, sound quality consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; it is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Due to the high surface strength from the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is very stable. The bubbles from the foamed cement made with it are in a closed state independent of every other, and there is no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance from the foamed cement products is extremely high. On the same density, in contrast to foamed cement made with plant-based foaming agents, it has better sealing and also heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The applications of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are widely used inside the construction area and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. These are widely used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used for building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used for building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents are also found in the broad area and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and can reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used for road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used for road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents are also found in the bridge area, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which may detect the weight from the bridge and extend the service life from the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used for bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, that are concrete foaming agent and relative products with more than 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])